Two Opportunities for Nonprofits to Power their #GivingTuesday Campaigns — Facebook Ad Credits & #MyGivingStory
I’m just back from two weeks of inspiring work where I participated in a training for women organizations in the Ukraine and the International Fundraising Congress in Holland. So, expect more some posts this week from about what I learned. But despite jet lag and an over flowing email in box, I wanted to write up two opportunities for nonprofits that could help them power up their year end and Giving Tuesday Campaigns.
For years, I’ve been a vocal critic of Facebook’s policy not to provide advertising grants to nonprofits. So, I’m thrilled that my colleagues at ActionSprout with support from Facebook, are giving away $2 million in Facebook advertising credits to 2,000 nonprofits. I want the readers of my blog to be the first to know about and apply here: https://adcredits.actionsprout.com/r/1p_s9VAcUw
ActionSprout is on a mission to ensure nonprofits have the tools, strategies, and resources to tap into the full power of Facebook. For the past three years they have created tools that help nonprofits build deeper relationships with more supporters through Facebook. In that time, they have learned that nonprofits have a significant advantage on Facebook because people care about causes and want their friends to see them supporting those causes.Facebook ads have become a powerful and cost-effective tool for nonprofits to reach new people and convert them to advocates, volunteers, and donors. When used effectively, ads can have a remarkable impact on nonprofits of any size.
With support from Facebook, ActionSprout is helping nonprofits try out and use Facebook ads for free this holiday giving season. Registered US 501(c)3 organizations can apply by November 15th to get access to up to $1,500 in ad credits to use from December through February. What are you waiting for, apply now. And be sure pick up a few Facebook ad tips from John Haydon.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and #GivingTuesday launched #MyGivingStory – a social media campaign and contest that asks people around country to tell their giving stories: to whom they give and why it is meaningful to them. The call for submissions opens today, November 2, 2015, and runs through November 24. I am honored to be a judge for the contest!
This contest is for donors to share their story – so why not encourage your nonprofit’s board or donors to enter?
Here is how to enter:
How to Enter #MyGivingStory
- Beginning November 2, post a short essay (200-words or more) responding to the question, “What inspires you to give?”
- In it, tell the story of a specific instance in which you supported a nonprofit organization in a way that was meaningful to you. Your essay must focus on one specific nonprofit organization.
- Submit your essay by November 24 on the #MyGivingStory tab of #GivingTuesday’s Facebook page.
- Share and promote your submission on social media with #MyGivingStory and #GivingTuesday.
How #MyGivingStory Works
- The 15 essays garnering the most Facebook “likes” are submitted to a distinguished panel of #GivingTuesday ambassadors for judging.
- Contest judges include Perla Ni, founder and CEO, GreatNonprofits and Beth Kanter, nonprofit social media expert. Additional judges may be announced at a later date.
- Six winners are selected (two each for First-, Second- and Third-Place)
- Winners receive gift cards that they can use to donate to a project of their choice on GlobalGiving, the first and largest global crowdfunding platform for nonprofits
- Winners also earn grants (between $1,000 and $5,000) for the organizations featured in their essays
- Winners are announced on #GivingTuesday, December 1, 2015
Looks like the 2015 Giving Season is now underway!!