I have been speaking at nonprofit events and conferences in the United States and around the world for the past twenty years and am consistently a high rated speaker. I am also a seasoned workshop leader and facilitator and conference presenter. I speak and teach the topics in my books, The Networked Nonprofit, Measuring the Networked Nonprofit, The Happy Healthy Nonprofit, and The Emerging Nonprofit Leader’s Playbook. My presentation style is participatory and I use many facilitation techniques to engage the audience.
If you want contact me about a potential speaking engagement, please use my contact form and include the date, name of the event, and other details. I would be happy to schedule a call to discuss your needs. You can see a list of my past engagements here.
- The Happy Healthy Nonprofit: Strategies for Impact without Burnout: Why self-care is part of doing effective nonprofit work and how to practice it. How nonprofits can bring a culture of wellbeing into their workplaces and get better results – save money, increase productivity, and attract top talent. See this brief video for an overview.
- Future Digital Trends for Nonprofits: Looks at important online trends and the implications for nonprofit digital strategy and civil society including bots and AI. Includes a mix of case studies and tips.
- Nonprofit Digital Marketing Strategy From the Inside Out: Discusses how to activate and engage staff and board as brand ambassadors online and leverage their networks as well as how to practice self-care.
- Digital Strategy: How nonprofits are leveraging the power of networks for social change. Based on Kanter’s popular book, The Networked Nonprofit.
- Technology Wellness: How to use technology effectively as an individual and in the nonprofit workplace, specifically addressing how to avoid collaborative overload.
- Nonprofit Resilience: Leadership development and skills for nonprofit professionals, teams, and organizations. Based on the Emerging Nonprofit Leader Playbook.
- Train the Trainer: Interactive and virtual facilitation techniques for nonprofit professionals that want to design and deliver better trainings or meetings.
- Keynote – For large groups. Big, inspirational messages. Sets the tone at a conference at the beginning or high energy, motivational talk as an ending keynote. Can be delivered as an interactive keynote with audience participation in the room and virtually or as a traditional keynote followed by Q/A.
- Breakout Session or Mini-Workshop – Typically 45 or 90 minutes. Covers practical aspects of the above topics in way to engage participants.
- Workshop – Can be structured as an interactive, hands-on workshop. Workshop works best when they are 3.5 hours in length, but can be shortened to 2 or 3 hours.
- Master Class – Can be structured as an interactive, hands-on session. Master Class may combine several topics. Typically 4-6 hours in length. Can be delivered in one-day or over two days.
- Custom Design – Will design and deliver a custom multi-day training with a variety of topics and providing instructional support or training to other local speakers.
If you want contact me about a potential speaking engagement, please use my contact form and include the date, name of the event, and other details. I would be happy to schedule a call to discuss your needs.